Camp Cooking The Easy Way Tips
If you would rather be exploring and relaxing than having to slave over a hot stove or campfire for hours cooking meals. There is a few easy ways to save time and preparation.
- An easy way to avoid cooking is to have prepackaged food & ready to eat food like fresh & dried fruit, mixed nuts and Muesli type bars.
- Take pre made sandwiches or salad rolls for a easy first meal. These could be made the night before or in the morning you leave home. Or buy them on the way to your camping destination. They will keep well in a fridge or cooler.
- Toasted sandwiches are easy, butter outside of bread and add cheese (or whatever filling you choose) between and toast on hot plate or in frypan.and cook till golden, about 5 minutes.
- Cooking meals at home and them freezing them into small containers is a very convenient way to have your meals. By the time you are ready to use the food it will be defrosted all you need to do is heat it up. Excellent for soups and casseroles etc.
- The pre packaged salads are easy, either the packets of vegies and add the sauce enclosed or the ready to eat salads in tubs.
- Breakfast can be easy with cereals or toast. Pancake mixture comes in a ready mix bottle, just add water, great for any time of the day.
- Hamburgers, tacos, hot dogs and similar are easy to make, cook the meat and add salad, cheese or sauce. Also eggs and bacon are very easy to cook, especially great in a muffin.
- Packet food like pasta is very easy to prepare with the readymade sauce, add cheese, just heat and add a salad.
- If you have the storage space there is a big range of tinned food and long life food. There are ready made meals or a variety of vegies to make a tasty meal with. Canned baked beans or spaghetti on toast are always popular and easy.
- Jelly is easy to make while camping, I take a small container, make up the jelly in the morning, pour into a sealable container and put it in the fridge and it’s ready for later in the day. Add some fruit or yoghurt which comes in convenient tubs.
- For snacks there is a huge range of biscuits, savoury or sweet. Buy some dip add a few biscuits, chips or pretzels etc for an afternoon snack with a well earned drink.
Camp cooking does not have to be difficult or boring, you do whatever suits you, if you are starting out camping it is best to make meals that are easy.
If you have been camping a several times you may be ready to experiment with a camp oven, which really is not difficult. Have a try!
Make sure you have fun camping, go exploring and make time to relax.
What else is an easy camp meal?
Join my Camping & Travel Tips Newsletter and Get a Free Camping Ebook